Taskin, Sunny cleared by ICC
Bangladesh fast-bowler Taskin Ahmed and left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny have had their remodelled actions cleared by the International Cricket Council (ICC) and may resume bowling in international cricket immediately, with Taskin set to be announced as the yet unnamed 14th member in Bangladesh's ODI squad for their three-match One-Day International series against Afghanistan starting tomorrow in Mirpur.
After working closely with the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to remedy their actions, the pair underwent a bowling test at the National Cricket Centre, an ICC-accredited centre in Brisbane, on September 8 and their elbow extensions on all deliveries were found to be within the legal limit of 15 degrees.
The pair had been reported during Bangladesh's first 2016 World T20 match against the Netherlands on March 9 and subsequently underwent a bowling test in Chennai, where their actions were found to be illegal. The players played no further part in the tournament and have since sat out of international cricket.
The BCB had contested the decision at the time and it raised a furore among Bangladesh cricket fans as well, but the decision was upheld by a judicial commission.
Fan favourite Taskin is likely to return to action tomorrow in the first ODI against Afghanistan, with chief selector Minhajul Abedin confirming earlier that a spot would be open for him in the event that he was cleared.
Although Sunny does not seem to have a place in the team at the moment, he will be raring to force his way back into the almost impregnable Bangladesh side through the kind of performances in domestic cricket which saw him on the flight to that ill-fated World T20. -daily star
top read more news
- Bangladesh vs Afganisthan Live crickete
- 5 Emotionally Sad Moments in Cricket History Ever
- Bangladesh vs Afghanistan Live cricket match
- BRUTAL" Injuries In Cricket History
- Mustafizur rahaman's exclusive interview published by ICC
- ECB's delegation completes security inspection for upcoming tour
- Shakib Al Hasan's most rear 10 things you don't know
- Six Britons die in Madinah crash after performing Umra
- He followed her to Dubai! Instagram couple uploads UAE shots
- USA mermaid girls secret life, see in video
- For illegal migrant, Saudi Arabian government opportunity
- Airbus CEO sees 'flying car' prototype ready by end of year
- Riyadh anti-Daesh coalition conference stresses
- 26 killed as Yemeni forces push Houthi insurgents back
- Analysis: Syria shatters Obama’s Middle East legacy
- Jerusalem truck 'attack' leaves four dead, 15 injured
- 2 suspects killed as Riyadh police foil terror plot
- Majedalesa - Hwages, saudi girls brave song
- Awameleague action many BNP supporter
- What to do if Iqama is Lost?
- Russia offers Philippines arms and close friendship
- Plans unveiled for ‘Dubai Harbour’, the Mideast’s largest marina