Russian jets bomb Daesh-held Syrian town surrounded by TF
Russian warplanes have for the first time bombed jihadist targets around the town of Al-Bab in Syria held by Daesh extremists but surrounded by Turkish forces (TF), a report said Thursday.
The Dogan news agency, citing military sources, said the air strikes took place on Wednesday. The report was published after the announcement of a deal brokered by Turkey and Russia for a nationwide cease-fire in Syria.
There was no official confirmation of the report. The agency did not specify if the strikes were coordinated with Turkey.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said “strikes suspected to be Russian” had been hitting Al-Bab for the last two days “in support of the Turkish operation.”
There was no comment from the Russian army.
Turkey has for four months pressed an incursion against Daesh jihadists inside Syria in support of pro-Ankara fighters.
But they have faced stiffening resistance in the battle to take Al-Bab, taking increasing casualties.
Turkey has in the last days stepped up criticism of US-led anti-Daesh coalition forces for failing to back the Turkish incursion inside Syria with air support.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who this week accused Washington of backing Daesh jihadists, on Thursday again attacked the US for its “support” for terror organizations in Syria.
top read more news
- Indian troops on the ground were destroyed militant bases in Pakistan
- Majedalesa - Hwages, saudi girls brave song
- Clinton supporters weep openly International
- Saudia plane makes emergency landing in Karachi
- Municipal tax hike may hurt retail sector gains: Analysts
- couple arrested in Jeddah anti-terror raids
- Obama shakes hands with President Donald
- Russian ambassador killed in Ankara shooting
- Saudi Arabia ranked best Arab country for corporate headquarters
- Indian commandos go missing en masse: report
- Saudi warship hit by Houthi suicide attack returns to base
- Bad news! this country banned Bangladeshi expertise!
- Thousands protest in London against Trump’s refugee ban
- Saudi Arabia experiences sub-zero temperatures
- Emirati desert festival brings tradition back to life
- Myanmar Buddhist monk muzzled after murder of Muslim lawyer
- Bangladesh black listed some Bangladeshi experties
- Expatiates hide 45 lac SA real in Banana! See video
- Labor Ministry starts e-registration
- No free in Saudi, New tax for all Saudi arabian
- Saudi Arabia, other Muslim nations spared ban as US allies: experts
- Trump first phone call to an Arab leader
- ‘Foreign workers’ remittances exceed SR150bn in 2016’
- Trump’s sweeping ban on people seeking refuge