Plans unveiled for ‘Dubai Harbour’, the Mideast’s largest marina
Plans for the Middle East’s largest marina were unveiled on Monday, part of a 20-million-square-foot development and the latest of a string of Dubai mega projects.
“Dubai Harbour”, which was announced by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, is to be built by developer Meraas, a government statement said.
The marina element will include 1,400 berths, making it the largest in the Middle East and North Africa, according to the plans.
It will be developed in the area between Jumeirah Beach Residence and Palm Jumeirah, also known as Mina Al Seyahi.
It will comprise of cruise ship port and terminal, a shopping mall covering 3.5 million square feet, an events arena, residential buildings, hotels, offices, retail stores, public services, restaurants and the “Dubai Lighthouse”.
The “Dubai Harbour” project will be completed in different phases over four years once ground has been broken, the statement said.
“We are happy that this new project, which represents a unique and innovative new addition to the region’s tourism landscape, opens up a range of new opportunities to investors,” said Sheikh Mohammed,
“Our region has had a long and historic relationship with the sea, and today we are seeing another initiative inspired by this age-old tradition that opens up new horizons for development. We have great aspirations for the tourism sector, which is one of the main pillars of our economic development and an important source of national income.”
The development will also include “futuristic” transport infrastructure connecting it with other parts of Dubai, the statement said. The project will also have three helipads.
top read more news
- Indian troops on the ground were destroyed militant bases in Pakistan
- Majedalesa - Hwages, saudi girls brave song
- Clinton supporters weep openly International
- Saudia plane makes emergency landing in Karachi
- Municipal tax hike may hurt retail sector gains: Analysts
- couple arrested in Jeddah anti-terror raids
- Obama shakes hands with President Donald
- Russian ambassador killed in Ankara shooting
- Saudi Arabia ranked best Arab country for corporate headquarters
- Indian commandos go missing en masse: report
- Saudi warship hit by Houthi suicide attack returns to base
- Bad news! this country banned Bangladeshi expertise!
- Thousands protest in London against Trump’s refugee ban
- Saudi Arabia experiences sub-zero temperatures
- Emirati desert festival brings tradition back to life
- Myanmar Buddhist monk muzzled after murder of Muslim lawyer
- Bangladesh black listed some Bangladeshi experties
- Expatiates hide 45 lac SA real in Banana! See video
- Labor Ministry starts e-registration
- No free in Saudi, New tax for all Saudi arabian
- Saudi Arabia, other Muslim nations spared ban as US allies: experts
- Trump first phone call to an Arab leader
- ‘Foreign workers’ remittances exceed SR150bn in 2016’
- Trump’s sweeping ban on people seeking refuge